Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)
Modern Day Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Registration Template

Go down

Character Registration Template Empty Character Registration Template

Post by Alaric Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Hey!!
Fill out the following template to register you character:

***Please Note: If you wish your character to be apart of the Military please click here. Those are the ranks you can choose from***

Name: (full name)
State Name: (Only if you plan to become a State Alchemist)
Alias/Nickname:

Race: (Amestrian/Chimera/Homunculus/Ishvallan/ETC)
DOB:
Birthplace: (The country, or town your character was born in)
Current Location: (Ignore if its your birthplace as well, put in 'Wanderer' if you don't have a home)

Height:
Weight:
Eye color:
Hair color:
Hair Style:
Clothing:
Overall Pic: (A picture of your character)

(PETS ARE OPTIONAL)
Pet Breed: (chimera, dog, cat, etc)
Pet gender:
Pet name:

Personality: (whats your character like)
Dislikes: (Optional)
Dark Secret: (Optional)
Deepest Fear: (optional)
Idol: (Optional)
Closest Friend: (Optional)
Rival: (Optional)

Skills: (What skills do they have? Alchemy to fighting skills)
Weapons: (If it is a unique weapon, register it in the weapons creation area, if it's something like 'basic alchemy', 'handgun' or something, you can put it here)
Transportation: (Name the most preferred way to travel, only one.)
Special Item: (Something they always have on them and it is kept sacred, one thing only please, it could be a family picture, a gem [no philosophers stones], a jacket ETC)

Family: (Who is their family? Are they alive?)
History: (3 paragraphs at least about their past. 7 sentences each.)
RP Sample: (Doesn't matter if you've done one before need one per character. 2 paragraphs, 7 sentences each.)

Just fill out that template and post a new topic and lets see if you get accepted! At least two staff members must accept on it until it can be considered accepted and moved into the approved area, unless only one staff member is available (basically, you only need my approval alone until we get in more then one staff member)
Your truly,
The MDA Staff!
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Character Registration Template Empty Re: Character Registration Template

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:52 am

Hmm....I would like for my Character Patty to be a State Alchemist but i don't know who to Contact.... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 am

Huh? Oh, it's easy, just make a new topic and fill out that profile information sheet with the required information and bang, you should get accepted. Dont hesitate to ask me any questions ^^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:06 am

Okay thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:08 am

No problems ^^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Character Registration Template Empty Can you allow an ancient Greek philosopher to re-incarnate into Xing?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:24 am

Al, to continue our conversation from Xing (Whither I was attracted instead of here, where you've kindly explained that I should have started first.) and in the interest of heading off further misunderstandings, perhaps I should give you some information that might cause you to rejected me before going through my filling out and two people evaluating the template. That seems only fair. Some RP purists don't approve of historical characters. As you can read here.

There's no gainsaying the historical evidence. You need only Google Hypatia Theon to find:

Various Scholars wrote:There was a woman at Alexandria named Hypatia, daughter of the philosopher Theon, who made such attainments in literature and science, as to far surpass all the philosophers of her own time. Having succeeded to the school of Plato and Plotinus, she explained the principles of philosophy to her auditors, many of whom came from a distance to receive her instructions. On account of the self-possession and ease of manner, which she had acquired in consequence of the cultivation of her mind, she not unfrequently appeared in public in presence of the magistrates. Neither did she feel abashed in going to an assembly of men. For all men on account of her extraordinary dignity and virtue admired her the more.

The Ecclesiastical History of Socrates Scholasticus.
; today marks the martyrdom of pagan philospher, Hypatia

All formal dogmatic religions are fallacious and must never be accepted by self-respecting persons as final.
Hypatia of Alexandria

Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.
Hypatia of Alexandria

To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing.
Hypatia of Alexandria

[During the reign of Christian Emperor Theodosius] bands of wandering monks attacked synagogues, pagan temples, heretics' meeting places, and the homes of wealthy non-believers in Mesopotamia, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, and North Africa. The bishop of Alexandria incited local vigilantes to destroy the Temple of Serapis [also known as the Serapeum], one of the largest and most beautiful buildings in the ancient world that also housed a library...Alexandrian Christians whipped up by Bishop Cyril rioted against the Jews in 415, and then murdered Hypatia, a wise and beloved Platonic philosopher.
Richard E. Rubenstein, When Jesus Became God: The Epic Fight over Christ's Divinity in the Last Days of Rome, pp. 226 - 227 Source

If you're interested, you can read more gory details about this brutal murder in Wikipedia and the New World Encyclopedia or search for images, and find not only the sculpture used as an icon for this posting but also Hypatia, 1885, by Charles William Mitchell (1854 - 1903) this painting:

Character Registration Template Hypatia3_sm

Which had to be a work of imagination what with Mitchell living almost a couple of millennia later. Very Happy

Sorry, under a bit of time pressure. Please e-mail me when you've decided.

Your would be philosophical character, Hypatia Theon

Last edited by Hypatia Theon on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correct spellings, grammar, & links)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Alright, I e-mailed ya ^^
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks, Al. Reading your e-mail, to which I've given you a detailed response F.Y.I. that need not be posted here. (Unless you want to post some or all of it for information of other members? Then, please do.) I believe that all that's required before making out a template is to decide who:

1) Hypatia in a non-evil role? Utilizing her considerable skills as a Philosophical Investigator? study

2) Pearl Dragon as Lust or as herself (Played by Chinese player LongZhenZhu) Example RP. Twisted Evil

3) LozaLuk AlBad as himself or in another minor role? (Played by BrainPoliceXXX) Example RP. affraid

Hope this finally gets us out of this thread and back to Xing, Hypatia Theon Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Every person on the site can only have one character per account, and only one account at that. You have to have your character registered and approved by two administrators on the site before you are allowed to RP on the site, and you are, as previously stated, restricted to one area at a time. If you want to RP with the people on the site, we're all currently crowing up the desert, or a few are in Central, Amestris.
If Hypathia is a non-evil player, then it looks like 'Mother' is still open, since that is an evil role, besides, we already have a crackpot playing father -hehe, no offence, Reita- so the homunculi already have one leader right now. You can choose whatever orientation you have, but if she is not a homunculus, then she cannot be 'Hypathia's' paralell doppleganger since the doppleganger is dead too, she'd have to be a descendant with the same name.
If pearl or Lozaluk wanna RP here, then get them to make accounts and have their characters approved. We have ways of checking out your IP address, so we can know if you are just making more than one account to support all of your characters.
If you have anymoer questions, just ask.
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down