Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemist
Welcome!! Sign on already so we can RP!!(all chharacters have been moved to pending, please take that info if you want because they will be deleted)
Modern Day Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Modern Day Alchemist' - Official Site Fan-Fiction

Go down

'Modern Day Alchemist' - Official Site Fan-Fiction Empty 'Modern Day Alchemist' - Official Site Fan-Fiction

Post by Alaric Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Hey There!
Welcome to the official site fan-fiction topic, MDA. If you wish to comment on this story -or flame or critisise or praise, whatever- then click here to go to the comments topic and say whatever you want to there. Just to let you know, flames will be used to give Mustang pay-back for teasing Edward's height, so if you don't want Mustang to look like a burnt sausage... don't flame. And yes, I will post a picture on here with Mustang in that state if you dare flame the almighty me! *evil eyes*.
Well, the disclaimed is I don't own any of the characters par Alexander and some NPCs, the areas and the original Elric brothers belong to Hiromu Arakawa and the other OCs belong to you kick-ass members that have already registered your character.
One more thing, no matter what rank on this site you are, you are PROHIBITED from editting and/or posting anything in this topic. I have opened a special second topic for your comments on the fic. This is to avoid confusion. You will be issued with a warning if you go against this.
Well, enjoy!

Modern Day Alchemist – Prologue

The empty sound of a bell ringing once fell from his mind's speaker as he suddenly stood in front of the gate in the white abyss that surrounded it. He heard a snickering from behind him as he spun around him to see a snickering entity behind him and noticed the face-less 'gate spirit' that sat in it's usual calm position on the ground. He calmly turned and noticed it's malicious grin as he scowled at it, pushing some honey blonde hair from his eyes and folding his arms angrily.
“You know what I want.” The boy said with a deep scowl as the gate chuckled at his out-there demand. Yes, the gate knew what he wanted, but as usual, there was always a price to be paid.
“Are you willing to pay the price, Edward Elric?” The entity asked in a mocking voice making the boy in question scowl deeper. He didn't want to count how many times he'd been in contact with the gate since the 'incident' when he was young, but he knew it was enough for the gate to be familiar with him. It even started calling him his name to mock him, showing as he turned up there so often, but never went in. Well... hardly ever went in.
That was a different story, though.
“Yes, I'll do anything to get my brother's body back.” Edward said in an eerie voice making the gate snicker in that mocking voice that it donned and smirk at the blonde, who stood impatiently in front of the entity, waiting for the meeting to end. Though, he had to admit, he'd rather be talking to the gate spirit than listening to Mustang rattle on for hours of how paperwork was 'oh so hard' and how he 'deserved a break from Hawkeye's piercing gaze'... and not to mention the short jokes. Edward HATED the short jokes.
“Very well then, Edward Elric.” It said in it's mocking tone as Alphonse suddenly appeared beside his brother, or at least his body did. The frail state it was in made the Alchemist cringe as the boy was sitting next to him with crossed legs, looking ahead with soulless eyes.
Suddenly, the soul of Alphonse as the child he was when the 'incident' occurred -thus resulting in this whole dilemma-, before the body of Alphonse calmly turned to face the soul with a dead look in it's eyes, and when it spoke, though, that voice was as clear as day.
“Do you want your body back?” It asked as Alphonse -the soul- gasped as he spun around to check on his surroundings, before turning to his brother and gulping.
“Brother... what did you do?” He asked in a worried voice as Edward turned to him with a smile saying 'I'm sorry' before he spoke.
“I made the deal with the gate, I'll pay my price once you are safe.” The older -yet shorter- male said with a hint of sadness to his light voice before Alphonse gulped and looked down to his body again, seeing it's malnourished form's dead eyes give him the best pleading look it could, which was enough to convince the boy that he should head to his brother's request.
'It is the least I can do...' Alphonse thought with a sigh as he nodded in the body's direction, before it stood up and placed it's cold hand on the soul's cheek. His body smiled kindly as it leaned forward toward the boy and the moment it's cool lips touched the soul's forehead, the soul was sucked into the body in a strong gust of force, knocking the malnourished body backwards against Edward's, the older male catching it with ease.
It took a while -well, actually just a few minutes- before Alphonse woke to find himself still in the gate's presence and in his brothers arms, the smaller male's red coat wrapped around his shoulders for warmth -and since he was naked, protection-, making his smile sadly at Edward.
“It is done.” The gate said with a malicious grin as the Elric brothers turned back to looking at the entity, “Now it is time for you two to pay off your end of the deal.”
“Two-?” Edward began to ask in confusion as the gate's large doors made a loud creaking sound as they opened up, revealing the many eyes of the souls that resided within, making both boys spin around quickly.
“In exchange for your brother's body, Edward Elric, you have agreed to pay the price. You will both be sentenced to pass through the gate into the world without alchemy in order to live the rest of your days. That is, after all, equivalent exchange.” The gate explained before it began to maliciously chuckle as the black hands of the creatures with in the gate began to wrap themselves around the brothers tightly and drag them into the black abyss that was, indeed, the gate of truth.
They both struggled helplessly against the black vine-like restraints that were the hands of the tormented souls within the gate as they felt themselves being propelled through the strange environment, the images of their lives, the 'truth' all whirling past their heads as they flew through the whirling vortex with the gate, before hearing the echoed cackles of the spirit itself as they began to fly towards two gates that stood next to each other.
In the rush to get out, the boys managed to use each other's bodies in order to alter their flight path and both yelled out as they were flung through the second gate, making the chuckles of the gate spirit cease as it cursed.
This was bad. This was really bad.
The Elric brothers were thrown through the wrong gate...
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

'Modern Day Alchemist' - Official Site Fan-Fiction Empty Re: 'Modern Day Alchemist' - Official Site Fan-Fiction

Post by Alaric Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Modern Day Alchemist – Chapter 1

Ding! Ding! Ding!
“Welcome, alchemists, to this year's State Alchemist Assessment.” A tall woman dressed in military attire addressed the room as she pushed some of her pink hair from her eye, “For those who haven't caught on yet, I am the new Fuhrer, Kenya Solace, and I have personally elected to hold this year's State Examination. This examination requires a two thousand word essay written and handed to me within the next hour of your progress as an alchemist of the state, once you have finished this, then you may pack up your things, hand the report to me and go and wait patiently in the courtyard. We have State Alchemist Exams going on as well, and since they are in the courtyard right now, you can entertain yourselves by watching the many out there fail to get their pocket-watches.”
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Yawn.
“Alright, you may begin!” The Fuhrer said before strutting away from the podium and the room in order to keep tabs on the new alchemists that might be getting in. That exam was so frequent nowadays...
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.
After about fifteen minutes of tapping his pen against his desk, the small boy in question stood up and stretched before yawning again and with bad aim threw his pen at the wall, having it smash upon impact and shatter against the floor. There were many groans of annoyance in the large auditorium as the boy sat on the desk, facing the back of the room and pushed some of his sandy blonde hair out his eye with another yawn of boredom.
“Look, sir, it would do us all a favour if you'd just sit down and finish your report.” A woman harshly whispered to the boy as he turned and playfully poked out his tongue at her before turning his large golden eyes to the back of the room and began tapping his feet against the base of the chair in boredom.
“Colonel.” Someone else hissed as he just ignored that person and tapped even louder. The boy in question was, after all, bored out of his wits and hated doing reports of any kind. He was the Toeblade Alchemist, only alchemist ever to be able to do alchemy with his feet, he was the youngest Colonel of the century and he, to be blunt, looked like a girl. What more could they want? But no... he still had to do that stupid freaking assessment!
There were many harsh whispers directed at him from subordinates and superiors alike, but he didn't listen as he pushed some of his honey hair out of his eye and adjusted his military top slightly. He hated wearing the thing, but dealt with it anyway. He began to hum a popular tune as he skilfully dodged the few scrunched up bits of paper and pencils thrown at him with a chuckle. He was really bored, so why not.
Suddenly he yelped out in dismay as he was hit so hard in the head with a paper ball that he fell forward and face-planted to desk of the man behind him, who began snickering at his bad luck before the whole room went quiet.
“Toeblade!” The booming voice of the Fuhrer suddenly called out as the boy in question whined and lifted up his head to reveal a red mark as he held it from the headache's pain. It would go away eventually, but it still hurt like hell.
He then turned to see the Fuhrer glaring at him angrily as he gulped. He forgot that she was supposed to return twenty minutes into the exam and oops, it was already 25.
“What the hell is going on?” She demanded as he slowly pulled up the chair with a scowl and fixed his desk before sitting on the desk with crossed legs -his head still with a cool palm on it- and groaned at the glare the pink-haired Fuhrer was sending him.
“Elric was disrupting us AGAIN, sir.” One of the other Colonels said in a bored tone as the blonde chuckled and grinned, while the Fuhrer groaned and hid her head in her palm. Of course it was Alexander, it never WASN'T Alexander.
“Of course he was...” She groaned before lifting up her head and giving the boy a stern look, “Come with me, Alexander, we need to talk.”
“Yes mum...” The boy sarcastically said before picking up his papers and energetically bounded over to the woman with a skilled flip before giving her the blank reports and grinning like an idiot, “So what's the catch today?”
“The catch?” The Fuhrer asked through gritted teeth before smacking the boy square in the head and having him topple back some. Of course, being the clutz he was, he stumbled back and fell on his ass, earning some snickers from those in the room. One glare from the woman shut them all up as they continued on with their reports as she literally dragged the boy out of the room and into the hallway by his long ponytail, him struggling wildly the whole time.
Once they were in the hall, she lifted him up by the pony tail until he was on his feet and let him go, earning a glare from the kid as he dusted himself off and rubbed the base of his ponytail, where it hurt.
“Alexander, what were you doing in there?” She asked with an angered look as he shrugged nonchalantly and smirked.
“Tapping my feet, humming, all because I was bored. Sorry for the inconvenience, sir.” He said with that smug look on his face and his hand on his hip in that feminine way he usually stood. And he wondered why people mistook him for a woman all of the time, sheesh...
“Bored?” She asked with an angered tone as she practically seethed from anger while the boy just nodded, not noticing her temper rising dramatically high before cringing at her next outburst, “YOU DISRUPTED OVER 400 ALCHEMISTS WITH YOUR STUPID TAPPING ALL BECAUSE YOU WERE BORED?!”
“Uh... y-yeah... s-sorry sir...” He said with a gulp as he cornered himself to the wall as his toes nervously collided with each other and such, instead of him using nervous hand-movements. His hands practically dug into the wall behind him.
Just as she was about to hit him again, the sound of someone clearing their throat reached both of their ears and they both turned to look at the newest addition to the 'conversation'. He had silver hair, rectangle glasses and smart build. This was Benjamin Havoc, the Earth Alchemist. He was one of the newer recruits.
“What is it, Havoc?” The Fuhrer demanded as he calmly adjusted his glasses and turned to the boy, who was still shivering slightly in fear. Who could blame him? The Fuhrer sure had one heck of a punch.
“Alexander Elric, good to see you again. I believe you have a couple of visitors, they claim to be related to you.” He said calmly as he adjusted his glasses again and gave the boy a stern look. He sure was creepy for a guy two ranks lower than the Colonel himself, but hey, Alexander was 14, who could blame his hesitance?
“Relatives...? Oh! It must be Gwen!” He said with a grin on his face as he gave the Major a look saying 'I don't care who it is, just go along with it' before slipping out from under the woman and grinning at her, “I forgot to tell you I had an appointment with my cousin, Gwen, she wanted to check up on my automail later on today, you know, tell me how lame Inari worked and how she could make better? Yeah, that stuff. Well, later!”
He said with an unsure grin before grabbing the Major's arm -even if he was a good few inches taller- and beginning to rush down the corridor in the way of the building's lobby. Guests were always kept there, not the offices, after all.
Once they were out of the Fuhrer's site, he then stopped, turned to Havoc and rose an eyebrow.
“Uh... so who's these relatives you were talking about? I'm pretty sure I only have one.” He said with a confused look about him and a seriousness in his tone he didn't use often. He wasn't in the mood to deal with any imposters, after all.
“Well if your referring to Miss Rockbell, then no, Colonel, it's not her. It's two boys, about your age.” He said with a calm look as Alexander gave him a look saying 'obvious imposters' before continuing, “They look a lot like you, and thus I presumed they were lying. Besides, aren't you thankful for the distraction?”
“...Yeah, I guess. Well, I guess I'll just have to thank these imposters or whatever for getting me out of a Fuhrer-style beating- Hey, wait, how'd they get in?”
“One of them had a state pocket-watch, sir.” He said calmly before they looked into the lobby to show two blondes -one more brown than blonde, but still blonde- sitting on the couch and talking calmly. The dark blonde looked like he'd been starved or something, even in those thick clothes, and the blonde was... really short.
“Uh... are you sure they're related to me? And who's the short one?” Alexander asked as the Major just shrugged calmly before unlocking the door and pushing it open for the girly-male to walk in in that strut he uses and calmly left again, locking the door behind him for the boy's protection -you know, evil Fuhrers and all...- beforehand.
Alexander then just sat on the couch parallel to the boys and crossed his legs with an eyebrow raised, while the honey blonde just gave him a look saying 'are you really who we're looking for?'. After a few minutes of silence, Alexander got fed up with the staring from the shorter blonde and sighed.
“Well I don't have all day, who are you and what do you want?” Alexander finally asked in a light male's voice as he could see the shock in the younger of the two's eyes briefly, but kept himself in check. That boy had thought he was a girl... ugh.
After getting over the initial shock of the Colonel's voice, the shorter of the two finally spoke as he pulled his brother closer to himself in a protective manner, if possible.
“You're Alexander Elric?” He asked with a light male voice and a piercing gaze set upon the boy in question. Alexander could help but noticed that Havoc was right, they did look alike.
At least, he and the short one did.
“Yes.” He finally said with a bored tone as he began to play with his honey blonde hair, giving the shorter male a dull look saying 'get one with it' or something close.
“Hm... I didn't think you'd be so... young.” He finally said with a dull tone as Alexander scoffed. Chances are this kid was probably a fan boy, or the anorexic kid was. Who knows? And truthfully, who cares?
“No one does. So I don't have all day, I was in the middle of my alchemist assessment you know.” Alexander informed casually, not caring if he'd said too much or not. The guy looked trust-worthy to some extent, and besides, Alexander did get a feeling of familiarity from him.
'Bleh, must just be that we look alike...' Alexander thought with a dull stare as the younger of the two looked Alexander over with a lifeless gaze, 'What is with that kid? Has he been starved or something? This better not be one of those bloody fund-raisers where the kid was here just for the ability to guilt-trip me into handing over some of my well-earned money.'
“You look... a lot like brother...” The malnourished blonde finally said, gaining a shocked look from the two. Alexander then committed this to memory, as the boy mustn't speak much then, if it shocked his own brother.
“Have a good sleep, Al?” The lighter blonde asked as the malnourished kid yawned and slowly got off of his brother's chest, wiping his eyes with his boney hands and pushing some of his hair out of his face. Only now did Alexander realise the kid had nothing but a red jacket and black leather pants on... and his brother only had blue shorts and a t-shirt on. Wait... Alexander could swear the blue shorts looked a lot like boxers. If that was the case then...
“Oh my god, you've been raped.” Alexander blerted out with a shocked expression as the two boys just gave him a look saying 'what kind of drugs are you taking?!' or something, before he decided to elaborate, “Well what else could it be? The skinny kid is wearing the short kid's pants and that must be shorty's jacket! Is your father a rapist?! Was it on the way here?! Do you want me to file a report or something!? You didn't rape your little brother did you?! Oh god! Oh god! Oh god!”
The panicking boy heard a light slap as he turned to see the lighter blonde fuming and the malnourished kid slap himself on the forehead. That confused the honey blonde -Alexander- to what was the shorter blonde's rage.
Then he cracked into laughter from what the short guy said right beforehand.
“WHO'RE CALLING SO SHORT THAT YOU NEED A MAGNIFYING GLASS TO SEE ME AND EVEN THEN I'M STILL A MINIATURE BEAN?!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?”
Alexander had never laughed so hard in his life, and even the dark blonde began to snicker as well. It took the honey blonde about 5 minutes to completely cool down, but it was then that confusion began to slip into his mind. He wanted to know why these guys called themselves his relatives, according to Havoc anyway.
“Okay... I've calmed down, now tell me, why did Havoc say you were my relatives? The only person alive I'm related to is Gwen Rockbell and she's my cousin.” The honey blonde finally asked as his guests obviously must've recognised the name Havoc and Rockbell, and so Alexander got really confused, “Who are you?”
The short-one-who-is-apparently-not-short was the one to answer as the skinny kid was just sitting there politely, while hugging the red jacket to himself. The skinny kid must've been as confused as Alexander was, by the look of it.
“My name's Edward Elric and this is my little brother Alphonse. They just thought we were related because of the names and looks, I guess.” 'Edward' said with a slightly confused expression himself as Alexander's jaw practically dropped in shock. That was when the 14-year-old blonde laughed half-hearted to himself.
“Don't play jokes on me. 'Edward Elric' died in the great war over half a century ago and 'Alphonse Elric' died in the Central Hospital when I was 7. There's no way in hell you guys are them.” He finally said as Alexander calmly sat himself back down on the couch with a slightly hurt expression, he obviously didn't like anyone 'imposing' on his great grandpa 'Al'.
The look of confusion on 'Edward's' face would've been priceless if it weren't for the fact that Alexander was brooding again. He missed how sweet and kind and just nice his great grandpa was. Stupid cancer.
“Er... no, we're very much alive.” Edward finally said as Alexander gave him a look saying 'then you are an imposter', “We're not imposters if that's what you're thinking! Look, we just thought since you seemed nice enough that you give us a hand or something!”
“I knew it. You're just another cancer fund trying to make me take pity on the kid and give you money! Well guess what? I don't give money to cancer funds! It's all a bunch of crap!” Alexander suddenly shouted out as he stood and rivalled up against the shorter boy -by only an inch-.
“We're no 'cancer' fund or whatever that is, we just need help and there's NO way I'll take it from anyone named Mustang!” Edward shouted back as the two stood there and glared at each other.
“Then why'd you impose on my dead grandfather's older brother?!” Alexander shouted back.
“I don't even KNOW your dead grandfather!” Edward protested back.
“At least the Fullmetal Alchemist was TALLER!”
“I AM THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST! AND WHO'RE YOU CALLING A PEA-SIZED MIDGET?!”
“I DIDN'T SAY THAT!”
“YOU MEANT IT!”
“Guys...”
“AT LEAST I DONT LOOK LIKE A WOMAN!”
“YOU DO SO AND DONT CALL ME A FREAKING GIRL! GET YOUR GENDER RIGHT YOU PERVERT!”
“Guys...”
“I'M NOT A PERVERT! YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE ATTRACTIVE IF YOU WERE A GIRL!”
“OH YEAH? AT LEAST I'M TALLER THAN YOU!”
“Guys.”
“WHO'RE CALLING SO TINY THAT A WORM LOOKS LIKE AN ANACONDA IN MY EYES?!”
“YOU, PIPSQUEAK!”
“GUYS!!!” Alphonse suddenly yelled out.
“WHAT?!” They shouted back in unison as they both turn to Al, who had a look of utter annoyance on his face. Obviously this wasn't the first time 'Edward' went spaz about his height then. The two then turned to glare at each other again before both sitting on their respective couches angrily and looking away from each other. The groan from 'Alphonse' made it obvious he was sick of the whole fighting thing.
“Can we please just talk about it like normal people?” 'Alphonse' asked in an annoyed tone as he gave his brother a glare. Edward immediately shrunk back as his usually kind and loving brother gave him the worst glare he could muster. He did the same to Alexander, who seemed unphased and just poked out his tongue at the dark blonde immaturely.
“Ugh, whatever. Look, what do you two want? If it's not important then I'm leaving.” Alexander said in a highly annoyed voice as he turned back to glare at the other honey blonde, who returned the favour. Gold against gold it was.
“Never-mind. We were just leaving.” 'Edward' said with a highly pissed off look as he stood and went to get his taller brother, who slipped out of his reach and walked over to Alexander, confusing both honey blondes.
“What?” Alexander asked in a confused voice as Alphonse and leaned over and began studying his face heavily. Alexander blushed a bit at the amount of attention the two were giving him -being stared at by two people who looked like you sort of and such was embarrassing!- before Alphonse pulled back and without any hesitation, he pulled off Alexander's right glove to reveal the automail hand, making Edward's lip twitch, trying to form a scowl.
Edward seemed to get the hint his brother gave him as he too pulled off his right glove showing his automail hand before kicking out his left leg, making Alexander realise for the first time that from just above the knee down it was automail. This put the blonde into such a state of confusion that he just sat there with wide eyes and gave the other honey blonde a wide-eyed look.
“Clap.” Alexander quietly demanded as Edward gave him a confused look while Alphonse just sat on the other couch again, silently, “You heard me. Clap your hands and without a transmutation circle, make something happen.”
Edward, finally getting the point, clapped his hands and placed them against the wall as a spike extruded from it and ended right at Alexander's nose. The boy just slid off his shoes and stomped lightly on the ground as he gave Edward a bored look.
“What're you doing?” Edward asked curiously as Alexander just leant back in a relaxed position as he watched the floor beneath his foot extend out into a rope and snag around Edward's feet, tripping him over and making the honey blonde snicker.
“Either you are so desperate to impose as my great grandpa's brother that you did something so stupid you managed to call the gates attention, or the gate made a really stupid mistake.” Alexander said in a quiet voice before he used his foot to use alchemy to repair the room to it's original state, including fixing Edward's spike, “Well, my name's Alexander Elric, the Toeblade Alchemist. Nice to meet you, great uncle Edward.”
It was then that the Elric brothers passed out.
Alaric
Alaric

Personell File
Ability: Alexander Elric
State/Homuncules Title::

http://moderndayalchemist.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down